Angels and Groups
reshaping the tech sector.
Dates and Times.
Angel Group Syndication Meetings (Times by Region).
Times by Region.
(Dial-In Numbers Emailed to Group Chairs)
- Northeast at 9 am ET.
- South at 11 am ET.
- West at 10 am PT.
- Midwest at 3 pm ET (2 Central).
"Thanks so much for the opportunity, I enjoyed it. I also appreciate the work you do for entrepreneurs."
- Chris Hawkins, SignNow
"Thanks for the opportunity to pitch in front of your groups today. I enjoyed the process."
- Jeremy Jones, Nitride
"We are actively pursuing 2 deals that were introduced to us by Angelpool."
- Ray Wenig, Ariel Savannah Angel Partners
"an efficient way of connecting investors with startups."
- Gordon Rogers, Past Chair, an Angel Group in Atlanta
"The AngelPool process (is) easy and effective and I applaud that. I found the experience to be good and efficient in terms of reaching many people. All very positive."
- Paul Basile, CEO, Matchpoint
"The feedback is great, and the interest from investors is fantastic. I enjoyed using AngelPool very much!"
- Dan Roy, CEO, MessageGears
"The network of angels you all have set up is very impressive. This is the future of fundraising. I really appreciate everything."
- David Laborde, Founder, SwiftPayMD
"I have to say the feedback is invaluable. Pitching was great, seamless and easy but the real value is in the ability to see where people clicked and what their questions were. It's really going to help me tighten up the deck."
- Julian Miller, Founder, Learnmetrics
"Once again, our team thanks you for the opportunity to present to AngelPool's members. We absolutely believe the hour was well used."
- Bill Malcolm, CEO, Distributive Power Generation
"The feedback from the Angels (is) invaluable. I felt the whole hour went very smoothly and can't see anything operationally that should be done differently from my vantage point."
- Jeff Kinsey, 1010 MagApp
"Nothing but great things to say about angelpool, any volunteers, etc."
- Simeon Schnapper, Founder, Youtopia
What others say about AngelPool
AngelPool Syndication Network
Increase Deal Flow or Wrap Up a Portfolio Company Round
For Angel Groups gathering additional capital to complete a seed round or that want to make sure they don't miss any key deals in their region, the AngelPool syndication network provides a convenient webconference meeting every other month for rapid, time efficient sharing of key deals across angel groups within each region. There is never a charge.
Recent Presenters and Results Angel Group Members (most but not all syndicate).
A. Instructions for Presenters.
Email the following 3 days before the meeting to newdeals [at] angelpool.org :
1. Short Presentation (about 5 minutes, Powerpoint or pdf format) and,
2. Short Executive Summary (if none use this Alternate Form).
(we will then send you the dial-in info the day before the meeting).
• Fees. There are no fees of any kind by AngelPool (all volunteer angel leaders).
• Preparation. Webconference times are by region (see Left column). After sending your presentation and summary above, selected companies are given up to 7 minutes (5 minute presentation plus 2 minutes of Q&A). Add your contact info to the last slide. The Powerpoint should NOT contain animation nor videos and to show web pages please screen capture them and paste into your Powerpoint as there is not enough time to do a live demo. The dial-in will be sent directly to the selected companies the day before the meeting. The webconference coordinator will centrally load the Powerpoints a day before.
• Meeting Day. There are usually 4-6 presenting companies, 5-10 angel groups listening live, and another 20 angel groups in that region who watch the stored presentation. By default upon joining the call everyone will be muted, when your name is called to present press *6 to unmute your microphone and begin (your deck will be showing at www.angelpool.org/view ). To advance to the next slide say "Next Slide". After presenting be sure to press *6 again to mute yourself to minimize background noise as courtesy to the next presenter.
• Post-Meeting. Angel groups in that region then contact the companies they are interested in directly afterward to request in-person meetings to their angel members and/or more info or to negotiate terms of a convertible note or equity investment. We also encourage the company to follow-up with the angel groups in their state and those they are particularly interested in (see bottom of this page for their sites) after the presentation. There are no fees of any kind by AngelPool.
B. Instructions for Angel Groups.
Each angel group is sent an invitation for a one-hour syndication webconference every other month. For those looking to wrap up a round, email your deal at least a week in advance to: newdeals (at) angelpool.org (it is up to the group chair whether they, the lead investor, or the company president which is most common presents). If we cannot accomodate all deals being shared that month, as agreed across all the angel groups the selection priority is as follows (remainders roll to next meeting and re-prioritized):
1. Deals being or just funded by a group.
2. Deals funded within the last year by a group.
3. Probable deals being diligenced by a group.
4. Local startup/venture contest winning companies.
5. Other notable deals within the region. 6. Exceptions (be sure to elaborate why merited).
* Participation is subject to the Agreement below.
Angel Participation Agreement.
1. Hold Harmless for Relay of Information. All participants and recipients of information agree to hold harmless and indemnify the group relaying deal information, including any staff or investors in that group and any persons assisting in the relay. Due diligence is up to each investor, any information that such investor wishes to rely upon must be sought directly from or confirmed directly with the principals of the company being invested into. The accuracy of the information has not been verified and is not warranted in any way.
2. AntiTrust Compliance. All participants must comply with AntiTrust laws including avoidance of any discussions or agreements related to: common or maximum valuations across multiple deals, standardizing of financial terms across multiple deals; allocation/limitation/prohibition of any group from providing funding in other markets; designation of a group as the winning provider in any given market, or other non-competitive behaviour. The objective of the syndication is to provide more capital to entrepreneurs from more sources in the aggregate which should not reduce any company’s options or value.
3. Disputes. Any dispute between two or more Parties concerning any aspect of a syndication shall be subject to informal negotiation and mediation between the leaders of the Parties involved. Any dispute that is not settled shall then be submitted to binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association at a location nearest the defendant using the forum and application of Delaware law.
4. Binding on All Participants. It is the responsibility of each group that participates in these syndication activities to be sure that each of its members or investors that participates or invests in these syndications be aware of the principles above, agrees to be subject to them, and may not participate or be given access to any syndication meetings, materials, or information unless bound to the principles above.